We’re looking for a dynamic individual to deliver technical trainings to groups of students around North America. The audience for our training program is new and experienced site admins, project managers, site builders, and developers. We teach private trainings to teams at organizations adopting Drupal, and also organize public trainings for students from different organizations. Evolving Web is based in Montreal, and the team is mostly onsite at our Montreal office, but for this position we're expecting someone who is looking to work remotely and travel on a regular basis.
Here’s what we will expect from you on a day to day basis:
- Keep up-to-date on new Drupal techniques, modules, and tools
- Travel on a monthly basis to deliver training
- Provide online training
- Helping students setup their Drupal install and troubleshoot issues
- Help promote public trainings through social media and other channels
- Update and create training materials
- Write tutorials and blog posts
- Experience delivering engaging technical presentations
- Experience theming and developing Drupal websites
- The ability to explain concepts to beginners
- Experience creating presentations
- Technical writing / blogging
- A lot of patience
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis
What kind of person usually gets along easily with us:
- Open to feedback from team members and clients and use this as an opportunity to grow and learn;
- Organized and able to work on several projects concurrently;
- Creative and curious, you're not afraid of learning new tools or responsibilities;
- Strong team player, problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Experience public speaking
- Devops / sysadmin experience
- Ability to speak other languages (French or other)
- You will be part of a strong open-source community where we participate a lot in different activities such as code contributions, community events, and trainings about web development. One of the owner is a member of the Drupal association Board of Directors – Suzanne Dergacheva!
- You will be encouraged to present at conferences;
- Work with dedicated people in a fun and friendly environment;
- Client facing position;
- International team working in a bilingual environment for Canadian and US clients;
- Build your personal brand! Many of our alumni have become very well known;
- Enjoy Evolving Web company culture, including [email protected] to celebrate our projects or birthdays!
- Grow the team you will manage over the next years (We are hiring for growth!)